The search engine optimization strategy can be divided into two main categories that are Off-page Seo & On-page Seo. Both are very important & pivotal in any SEO campaign & are totally different from each other. A prominent Seo strategy considers both the elements equally. Seo has been around for almost as long as the internet has been public, & since the early days, many companies have been leveraging it to find new audience & target new customers, that have the potential to bring traffic to their website.
In today’s competitive market SEO, just amazing content doesn’t do wonders. It was initially used to stuff as many keywords as possible & fill pages with backlinks. Today you need to consider a lot of things in SEO starting with (i) Ranking well in SERPs & (ii) Structure of the website & the technology used to create it. Both of these factors not only affect the reader’s perspective but also affects the search engine crawler that ultimately results in the ranking of a particular website.
Over a period of time, SEO has become modern & a lot more technical than before that’s highly informed by current web user behaviour and today’s incarnation uses both on-page and off-page techniques to ensure high-quality websites make it to the top of search engine result pages.
Off-page Seo is the action taken outside your website that impact search engine ranking. It refers to the ranking factors that are outside of the website itself. A good Off-page Seo will help increase brand awareness & also boost customer engagement with content & also highlight how relevant the website is to SERP users.
Off-page SEO focuses on increasing the authority of your domain through the act of getting links from other websites. Off-page Seo includes backlinking & link building. It also includes social amplification, reviews, and brand mentions. These all play a critical role in off-page SEO signals.
- Backlinks & Manual Link Building: One of the primary drivers of a successful off-page SEO strategy is your backlinking of the website. Gaining relevant links from authoritative websites helps boost your ranking ability considerably. Also, manual backlinking is another conventional technique that involves influencers in content creation, mention them in content & asking them to share the content. There are a few factors that go into a high-quality backlink:
- Anchor text used
- Domain strength of the site
- Relevancy to the content of your post
- Social Sharing: Social media provides a few indirect Seo benefits that are:
- Increase inbound links & brand mentions from online visibility
- Increase brand awareness from increase brand exposure
- Social media helps in building an audience & drive traffic for a website.
- Domain Strength: It is a measure of how authoritative a website is, according to various search engines. It takes a number of factors into account & accordingly scores the website on a scale of 0-100.
- Content Sharing: Off-page Seo is all about how you share your content & how your content is further shared by other websites. Every public share of your website can impact how well your content ranks in the SERP.
On-page Seo deals with the pages on the website, both in regard to the content & backend structure of a sit. It refers to the tactics that we use o the website so that it ranks better. That includes everything from the technology you rely on to build the website to the way you use the words on the page. These are things you have complete control over and are the single most powerful tools you have for impacting rankings in the SERP.
The on-page optimization goal is to improve individual web pages to rank higher in search engines results-driving qualified organic and targeted traffic to your website.
- Website URL: The URL used for each page on the website has a direct & notable impact on the website’s ranking ability. There are two basic ways to set up a blog URL, either as a subfolder or as a subdomain. Ideally, it should be a subfolder.
For example, URLs should look like this:
instead of this:
- Meta description: A meta description is a short paragraph of text that helps to tell readers & search engines what the page is all about. The meta description is the first thing that any searcher sees when they encounter the website in SERP. After the title and the URL, it’s your best chance to explain the value of your content and get people to click through.
- Title tags: Title tags are the HTML elements of the website that tells search engines what title to display in the SERP. Put the targeted words in the title tags of every page on the website. Here are just a few places that will pull the title tag:
- Entries in the SERP
- Browser tabs
- Social media posts
- Heading Structure: This is done with HTML elements called heading tags, which provide the hierarchical structure of your website. You’ll often hear these referred to as H1, H2, H3, etc.
H1 tags are used for the title of your page.
H2 tags are used for the primary subheads on the page.
H3 tags are nested within H2 tags to break up the text further.
- Image Alt Text: Image Alt text is the text that appears behind the images on the website that are not visible to the average visitors. Alt-text is in fact used by screen reader software to help blind internet users understand the content of your images. When a search engine crawler reads your site, they’ll be able to parse these HTML attributes faster than the image file as well.
- XML Sitemap: An XML sitemap lists the URL for your website & acts as a roadmap to critical pages. A sitemap aids Google to find the pages you deem critical for your website and allows search engines to crawl the site intelligently.
When a strategy combines both on-page and off-page Seo, your website has the best chance to rank in SERP. With on-page SEO, you build a site that’s tailored to specific keywords; with off-page SEO, you make sure people are aware of the content you’re creating.
If you are interested in updating your marketing strategy by implementing an SEO strategy, contact us, to talk about how Plushvie can help build you a strong SEO.
Made In India