What is an e-commerce catalogue?
An e-commerce catalogue can also be said an online catalogue that displays the products & services of a company that primarily runs online. On an e-commerce website a large amount of place is taken by online products i.e. what used to happen in a physical store now happens to be online. Through a typical e-commerce catalogue setup buyer can select products, compare price & also order all online. After a catalogue is established online, companies track results to adapt to the market research that the catalogue provides. Business of all types do ongoing market research through their websites to adapt for the future of the enterprise.
What is an e-commerce catalogue management?
An e-commerce catalogue management refers to a process of managing the product catalogue on an e-commerce website through ensuring the quality of the product data across all sales channels. It thus, includes how business organise, standardise, & publish their product data on each sales channel.
Why is e-commerce catalogue important for retailers?
Today the biggest challenge faced by most of the top retailers is managing the product data. Customer’s demand rich, consistent & detailed product information & if the business fails to deliver the same then customers will not show much confidence to buy. The product catalogue helps in the following way:
- Provides with good user experience: Product details is an essential part of an effective online user experience. It affects SEO, site navigation & also gives customers the confidence to buy. The product information serves as a roadmap for consumers to find and purchase the item they want.
- Improved Operations: An efficient product information management also helps in back office operations. Poor product management can affect the ability to share data with multiple systems. To share data to the online store, integration of ERP is necessary and if product information is not properly organised this integration becomes difficult.
- Helps with new opportunities: If the business wishes to expands new channels it needs to organise its product data. Simple strategies of product management & e-commerce catalogue can help you flourish the business.
E-commerce merchandising is the art & science of displaying products or offers on the website with the intention of increasing sales. In simpler terms it means helping users to reach to the product they are looking for in a faster & easier way. It helps people connect to the brand & gives them good experience.
Components of E-commerce merchandising
- Product Categorising: The products displayed on the first page will influence the click through rate & conversion rates. Also views, add to cart & buys assist consumer in product curation. Based on the overall performance of all the products, the driven data can be put into use to sort the most trending product.
- Product Promotion: Seasonal sale, new arrivals, clearance sale are few of the reasons too promote specific product only. With the help of site search promotions can be used for resolving queries & attracting traffic.
- Product Sequencing: It is necessary to grab consumer’s attention within the first 2 pages in order to achieve a conversion. Sequencing the product based on their various attributes in order to make them perform is one of the effective strategy to increase conversion rate.
- Using Filters: As a customer or viewer the most important thing is in online shopping is using filters or facets to narrow down the search. Filters such as size, colour, style, occasion can help save a lot of time & also help in giving consumers a personalised experience.
- High Quality Images: In order to entice the viewer, one needs to give a good 360-degree view of the product. This can include a zoomed-in photo to give a close look of the material from all angles.
- A Visible Search Bar: The homepage of any e-commerce website should provide a search bar. This will enable users to meet their demand in no time & will also increase conversion rate.
- Attractive Banners: Custom banners can be very helpful when they reach the product page to notify them about the current (If any) or upcoming sales or also about a new product launch. An attractive banner on the home page entices the consumers to dig deep into the website & thus they end up purchasing.
Most of the business are already into e-commerce merchandising & product catalogue & are getting excellent results. In order to get ahead of the competition with even more insights you should know the proper use of e-commerce product catalogue & how to use it your advantage.
Made in India